Position: Firmware Engineer
Work within a team to design, develop, and verify low-level firmware for embedded microprocessors in a mixed signal ASIC environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of low-level firmware for embedded microprocessors in mixed signal ASIC environment.
- Design, develop and test from specification phase to verified prototypes.
- Provide architecture and system design support.
- Participate in simulation and analysis of embedded software for devices utilizing capacitive measurement.
- Develop C and assembly code for real time embedded applications.
- Create and implement signal-processing algorithms for conditioning, filtering and adjusting for environmental factors.
- Create emulation, validation software and prototypes.
- Provide timelines, schedules, functional specifications and failure analysis.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSEE or MSEE plus 5-10 years experience of firmware development with strong Computer IC and electronics knowledge.
- Fluent in C and C++
- Experience with 2 or more assembly languages.
- Skilled in use of electronic test equipment i.e., test equipment oscilloscope, meters, frequency generators, etc.
- Working knowledge of microcontrollers.
- A certain degree of creativity, latitude, and adjusting to circumstances is required.
- Excellent time management required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Experience in documentation set-up and implementation.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- This position may have direct reports.
- This position is an exempt position.
Send resume to email@example.com and reference Firmware Engineer